Meghan Markle might need to be induced at a hospital

The Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle could need to be induced in hospital, wrecking her plans of a home birth.

There has been strong rumours that the 37 year old wanted a “normal, natural brith” at her home at Frogmore Cottage.

However, as the Duchess appears to be one week overdue, doctors have warned the former Suits actress could be facing the prospect of an induced labour.?

The Duchess of Sussex reportedly wanted a home birth at Frogmore Cottage

According to the Mail on Sunday, it’s getting increasingly likely that Meghan will give birth at Frimley Park Hospital in Surrey, which is just 15 miles away from Frogmore Cottage.?

Obstetrician Clive Spence-Jones, of the Whittington Hospital in North London, told the publication: “A recent study found that women over 36 should consider induction around their due date, as they are at higher risk.”

Once Meghan has been induced, she will not be able to have a home birth.

If Meghan Markle is induced, she will not be able to have a home birth

“After induction there are more opportunities for medical intervention to be needed during labour, so home birth is not recommended," Spence-Jones added.

Meghan’s due date was said to be the end of April until early May, leading many to question if the tot had been born already in secret.

However, a source close to Meghan spoke out about her condition on Saturday, describing the pregnant former Suits actress as “comfortable and content”, reassuring royal fans “she’s got this”.?

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were thought to be welcoming their first child last week
Prince Harry had to cancel a trip to Amsterdam

Meghan is reportedly at Frogmore Cottage alongside Prince Harry and mother Doria Ragland, with the source adding to?Harper’s Bazaar: "They’re in their own bubble at the moment. Meg is with the most important people in her life … she’s calm.”

It comes after?Prince Harry cancelled his upcoming trip to Amsterdam?as he continues to await the arrival of his first child.

The 34 year old was due to make a trip to the European city next week as part of his trip to the Netherlands, sparking rumours that his and Meghan’s first child had been born.

However, he has now quashed rumours that his wife has given birth by cancelling part of the trip.

Harry will now only visited the Netherlands for one day, due to “logistical challenges” surrounding his overnight stay.